Sunday, July 12, 2009

WHOA

Okay, we had worship three times today. Morning, afternoon, evening. Whoa. But it was all so enjoyable. Everyone wears the traditional Karen attire, and the kids are beyond adorable. Lalida, Yupin, and Yupa (ßactual spelling) were there. In Chiang Mai, the girls each got small dolls, which they brought to worship. The head fell off of Yupin’s during the message, and we couldn’t stop laughing. I felt bad goofing off with the girls, but they weren’t paying attention in the first place & I already read through the passage (James 1:19-27, VERY fitting for the drama that’s been taking place)…and it’s not like I understand what Tanin’s saying. I know, excuses.

Sunaree gave me a bracelet after lunch. Braided purple thread with four pretty beads. Wow. She’s got a smile back on her face. And Somsi gave me a bracelet during evening worship. Wow. Funny how that worked out. I guess she’s happy again too. I’ve got the bracelets on my wrist now, and I intend on keeping them here forever.

Tonight’s worship was the best yet. Fun & crazy. We danced all over the place, so JOYFUL. I’m sure we looked ridiculous, but we were just giving an outward display of this freedom we have in knowing what we believe. I didn’t want it to end. Laughter everywhere.

Oh, and since we already had ‘worship’ 2x today, I asked if there was the normal evening worship. Tanin said, “Yes. You’re sharing tonight!” Oh yeah. I already had a rough idea but last minute thought of a verse that was applicable to both the sharing and the moment: Philippians 4:6.

MUSIC VIDEOS. Double whoa. I catch myself humming ridiculous Thai songs, yikes. And the three little girls (Lalida, Yupin, and Yupa) watch wayyy too much TV. After the afternoon worship service, they gave a performance of several pop songs, complete with the boy band dancing. Hilarious. I got it all on video. :) But unfortunately, I knew about 75% of it….

But it’s funny when the songs have the occasional English phrase, such as: “Ooo, baby girl!” or “one kiss” or “I-L-O-V-E-Y-O-U love you!”

But it’s even funnier when the kids have no clue what they’re saying. They’re usually asking what this & that mean, but when they say the English, it’s incoherent. Probably because the Thai pop singer’s version is also incoherent. So it becomes “I-L-V-V-V-Y-U-U lub you!”

I love these children. Completely.

2 comments:

Grace in Style said...

AWWWW!!!!! I LUB YUUUU!!! <3

Grace in Style said...
This comment has been removed by the author.