Sunday, July 19, 2009

OYE.

The girls wanted me to sleep in the bed with them, which was totally fine with me. But it was SO hot. The air conditioning didn’t work (I was amazed that there was air conditioning in the house in the first place!), and I just couldn’t sleep. So I go lay on the couch in the other room and pretty soon, both girls are staring at me. Haha. So we all go back to the bed. But at 2:30am, Yupin yells my name and shows me Yupa’s shirt. It’s soaked with sweat. I make the executive decision that we all go to the sofa and sleep, playing footsie all night.

I got SO many mosquito bites from this house.

The ride back was uneventful. I slept pretty much the whole way back…

But I’m back now!! Musekee. I snuck into their service, and it was so wonderful to see their faces. :) And they said the sweetest things to me.

Tonight at worship, Tanin told the kids to pray for me. I’m going back to America soon, and it will be hard to talk to me. But what they can do is pray. And smile.

Wow.

Now I’m helping them with homework. These kids are all going to have CHICAGO ACCENTS!! But their homework is way too hard for them, so I’m basically doing it for them. And I don’t know one of the answers. It’s a picture of a red sweater. Six letters. The second one is “u”. Umm…? I can only think of “jumper”, but I know that’s not right. I’ve already had to decipher a lot since the kids don’t always copy words from the chalk board correctly. AH.

I don’t know how these kids are supposed to understand their reading passages. Listening to Bon Jovi? Going to the disco?

And I wrote in Somsi’s book. She then made the motion of a teacher hitting her hand. Oops! We had to white it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jumper is sweater in british english i think