Sunday, July 5, 2009

Khawp Khun MAHK MAHK Kah

I’m waiting at a massage place for Uncle Sam. I just got my hair shampooed, conditioned, and styled. All I really care about is the shampoo, though. I could’ve walked out of there once the lather & rinse part was done. But it’s a big plus that my whole head is clean—like my ears. My ears feel so light and airy. And the blow dry & styling goop were just something special. I feel tons better.

I just waltzed right in, and the shampoo lady & I had a great conversation. Talking is therapeutic. I understand why people pay big $$$ to lay on a couch & talk. I haven’t actually had a for real conversation with more than 3 people in the last week, but I’ve been experiencing so much. So it was nice to talk a million words per minute with a stranger.

I also got a poncho. One of those long, thin plastic ones that cover you like a bed sheet. Yes. Great invention.

At dinner, we had the same vegetable that we had this afternoon at the village…I guess it’s called “morning star” in English. Yum. I also decided that I’m gonna start eating hot chili. To kill any brewing diseases. I’m not sure if it actually works (after all, I’m not a doctor!), but I’m definitely a victim of self-hypnosis. I learned about this at a conference I went to this past winter about alternative medicine. I totally can make myself feel better & healthier by saying things like, “Jessica, just put hot sauce on it. It kills bacteria & viruses.” I can also make myself feel symptoms. If someone complains of a sore throat, I always get a sore throat. Immediately. If someone’s head hurts, all of a sudden my head hurts. Self-hypnosis. It’s only good when used properly.
I just need to always think positively. I guess prayer’s probably better, but positive thinking’s good too.

No comments: