Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm Down

We’re (We=Uncle Sam & I) sitting at a restaurant having cappuccinos. Highlight of my day. There are currently no bugs, there’s a breeze, and there’s shelter from the pounding rain. Goodness. Otherwise, I’m down. This rain is just horrible, and I barely made it here as the Chiang Mai ‘sidewalks’ are dangerously slippery and narrow. It’s dark & gloomy. And it’s dirty. I feel gross. I’m caked in nastiness from sliding around the village, and I haven’t actually cleansed my whole body since my first night in Hong Kong. Ugh.

On the outside, I’m fine. No negative words have left my mouth, and I really should have nothing negative to say. I just feel nasty.

We passed by a place, and these words caught my eye: Shampoo, head massage, blow dry…100 Baht. Okay. I REALLY want that. That’s all I can think about.

And it doesn’t help that Uncle Sam is recalling all his bad experiences around the world. We passed by a skewer stand, and he said he doesn’t eat those anymore because they once gave him so much diarrhea that he almost died. And then there’s the story about staying at a place in the mountains of some poor country with no electricity or running water and how they had to sleep on the floor in nastiness. Extra ugh. Ugh!
I’m just down. And I hate feeling this way. But it totally helps to keep praying. Each word uttered to Heaven takes some specks of dirt off of me.

No comments: