Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm HARDCORE!

I just rode a motorcycle. It was about 3 minutes down the dirt road, but still. Thrilling!! It was raining & there were puddles and things to maneuver around. Now I think I’m gonna go get 11 tattoos and 6 piercings.

I spent the morning working on the music project. We’re putting together a song book with English on one side and Karen or Thai on the other side. I’m typing out all the English songs, but another thing I’m doing is using the English alphabet to sound out the Karen or Thai songs. So Saksiy was assigned to me; he sang while I typed out lots of “luh nuh buh”s. [Saksiy’s always singing so loudly with his eyes closed & his head raised towards Heaven; it’s precious. He’s also smart. Did I mention that??] Lots of work, but we managed. :)

I don’t know how the kids & staff are still standing upright after all these years of little sleep and lots of work. Goodness! They worked the entire morning in the garden (no school…three days off!), and I’m assuming that, like me, they all woke up to the Cock-a-doodle-doo. 5:45am. They’re trying to clear the garden so we (yes, “we”…that includes me!) can plant trees tomorrow. Big day!! The village officials (I think?) are stopping by.

After lunch, they relaxed a bit in front of the TV. This is where the nail polish enters the picture. I took it out because it was pouring rain, so I painted some fingernails. The girls went to town mixing the gold, iridescent blue/purple, and pink. And Akhom & Tanin somehow ended up with some beauty paint as well. A little frosting never hurt anyone!
Anyway, I’m supposed to go plant some rice now.

No comments: