Thursday, July 9, 2009

Do They Ever Take Breaks??

I just saw a snack. I mean, SNAKE. Ugh. They don't just slither, they HOP. It's disgusting.

After we got back from taking the kids to school, we all had breakfast together. Tete started talking about how so many young people today are scared about the future. Haha...that's exactly what was keeping Tanin up all night.

As for me, I don't think about my future much. I don't have a dream or a desire to be someone or something. I feel like my life is like the Musekee night. Sometimes I've got the full moonlight or an occasional porch light, but most of the time I have no clue where the puddles are or where the slippery road dips down. Each step has got to be deliberate & well thought out. I have no clue what's in store. All I know is that I want to be loved. And I want to know that I'm known & loved. And I want to learn to love more passionately. Nothing more, nothing less.

Right now, we're planting trees at the old center. The village officials are here, and all the children came here from school. There's always something to do!!

Oh, and last night, we had a mixture of hot pot & Korean barbecue for dinner. It's this plate set over the fire...a little island to barbecue that's surrounded by a sea of soup. I used chopsticks for the first time since home, and it felt like home. :) We were at Lah-lee-dah's house celebrating the college graduation of three girls who used to live at the center. Good times.

No comments: