Thursday, July 9, 2009

ALARM CLOCK? HA!

I just got chased by an army of puppies, yikes.

My first memory of today: kids singing. Best way to wake up. I don't have an alarm clock here, and my watch just has an hour hand & a minute hand. No numbers or ticks or anything like that. So I never really know what time it is unless it's 12, 3, 6, or 9. Haha. I've had this watch for a few years already, and I still don't know how to read it. So it can be nice waking up to the cock-a-doodle-doo or the bustle of kids doing morning chores. Except it's 5:30am every morning!

I just went with Tanin to take the kids to school. He sometimes drives them (the school's a LONG walk), but he also wants them to walk there for exercise. It's good for them. I rode in the back with the kids in the pickup truck. :) On the way back, Tanin told me how the future is always on his mind. He shared with me a bit about his dreams & the worries on his heart. But it's so cool knowing that we go to bed at night praying to the same God who hears our different languages. This God who gave us unique cultures and the desire to embrace different things.

So we just drove the bumpy dirt road completely mesmerized by our great God.

No comments: