Wednesday, July 8, 2009

KAPUT

I turned on my computer this morning. Then I walked away & finished getting ready so the darn machine could start up with some privacy.

It’s broken. Again. A small part of my heart believed that it would last the trip, but who was I kidding. Of course it wouldn’t!! [The last time I took my computer abroad was to Berlin, where I got the blue screen of death. Some of you know my history with computers, and this actually isn’t that bad compared to some other events on the long timeline.]
So I got a blue screen with white words on it. I read them, but I have no clue what they mean. The message didn’t sound too disastrous, but I’m not falling for it. Not again. My computer & me, we’ve been through a lot. It’s like an abusive relationship, though. I keep coming back for more & it always says, “Oh, just change a driver or delete some pictures so I can have more memory…Just do this, and I’ll be better.” HA! Yeah right. I’m not falling for it.

No comments: