Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Frosting

I got more nail polish for the girls (and apparently some of the boys) in Chiang Mai. 1 clear base coat, 1 clear top coat, and several different colors of nail frosting. The girls LOVED the clear stuff, and they kept calling it "see kaw", or white. Apparently white is almost every kid's favorite color. Interesting, huh? I don't think anyone I grew up with chose white as his/her favorite.

Anyway. I set the nail polish on a table for the girls to use, labeling the base and top coats, and made it clear that the students were to share everything. But on the day I left, two bottles were left. The base coat first went missing, then the top coat, then the magenta, then the gold, then I lost track. Crazy kids!

And the boys...I'm not sure how this all came about, but I gradually noticed more and more boys with nail polish on their fingers and toes. I know the older girls were painting the nails of the younger boys, but it kind of weirded me out when I saw the boys painting their own nails. I painted hearts and smiley faces on some of them, just to make it more interesting, but wow!

No comments: