Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Final Ant Story in Red & Green

I was having a great day. No rain (which translates to no ants indoors), lots of sun.

Tanin & Akhom wanted to take me to a noodle place for lunch instead of having the usual gathering at the store. So we went to the other store on our dirt road, sat at the table, and a lady brought us noodles. We're eating. Talking. I noticed something like an ant in the bowl. But it could've been just another spice. Okay, nothing to freak out about. I'm just sensitive to tiny black objects. I stick it on my chopstick and pry it off at the top of the bowl, just in case. It took a good minute to get the thing off the chopstick, so I figure I won't do that again if I see any others; I'll just assume it's a spice.

HA.

As my eyes adjust & focus on the bowl, I notice some more. And the definite shape of a black body and legs. So I nonchalantly, as quickly as possible, stick the ants to the side of the plastic bowl. Tanin eventually notices and asks me what I'm doing. I point to the bowl. "Ahh, ants." Yes. I asked if he wanted them...after all, he eats bees. Why not ants? But he declined. That must mean that ants are from the Devil & aren't meant to be eaten. :(

I've been wearing red and green a lot this week. My neutral colored clothes are all dirty. But luckily my clothes aren't THE red and green associated with Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, this is what I want: Something/someone that/who will kill all bugs that come within ten feet of me. If that's too expensive to get, then the 10 feet can be changed to five feet.

1 comment:

Grace in Style said...

HAHAHA!! My favorite story =0) The bugs in Thailand seem to love you