Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cock-a-doodle-UGHHH

I woke up & wished myself a happy 4th of July.

Then I went down to the little building where the kids have their meals, hang out, and watch TV (yes, there's a TV!)...and here I am now. I'm watching the kids watch the TV load from 1%-100%. Thrilling.

I fell asleep last night to singing. One of the girl dorms (they call it a "hostel" here, but I prefer "dorm"...I have too many bad memories from the one hostel I stayed at in Copenhagen) stayed up singing & praising. Beautiful. Joining the everpresent cricket & bird choir. :)

But I woke up to a cock-a-doodle-doo. I counted 50 of them before I stopped counting. And each "cock-a-doodle-doo" was echoed back by animal voices all around. Pretty cool, but not at 5am!

I mentioned to Tete how today's our independence day, and she marveled at how the British had its presence EVERYWHERE. Burma & Thailand (her connections), America (me), and Hong Kong (Uncle Sam). Interesting.

No comments: