Saturday, July 4, 2009

Goodbye

Uncle Sam’s last night. :(

The kids sang him a goodbye song, just as they sang us a welcome song on our first night. I almost cried; I couldn’t imagine leaving the kids. So I’m glad I’m coming back. PHEW. Two girls shared, thanking Uncle Sam for the origami (Saksiy) and for reminding them to close the lid of the pot while cooking (a girl). They gave some incredibly heart-felt words, and the girl said (in Karen): Even though we speak different languages, God hears us.

I taught them a song tonight; that’s always so much fun to do. Afterwards, Tete mentioned how we’re heading to Chiang-Mai, and she asked the kids what they’d like from there. Songs with motions. Hehe. And sweet curry chicken. Tete asked for the recipe, but the girls said, “We’ve never had it before!! We just saw it on TV & it looks so good!”

I figured out one of the more pleasant sounds that I’ve been hearing at night. It sounds like a wooden mallet hitting a piece of wood. I finally connected the sound with its real image when we passed by a small herd of cows. They’re always wandering around, and they have these things around their neck. Cowbell. :)

No comments: