Friday, July 3, 2009

Blessed Are the Meek

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. (I think that's right...right?)

We took a walk around the village today, and Tete shared the stories behind each building and garden. She also shared the dreams of the HRDC. Land is always an issue, as it costs money and usually already belongs to someone. But everything on earth belongs to God. It's not ours to fight over (some countries should remember this) or to worry about not having enough of it. Because it's not ours. Never was. Never will be. Someone far greater made it, and it's here for us to enjoy it and to cultivate it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I forgot to mention, the staff loved all the pens, laptops, and toys. I wish you could've seen their faces light up & let out their child-like squeals; it was wonderful. Even the smallest things had some sort of significance. Tete saw a toy truck, flipped the "on" switch, and the 4 wheels just roared with quick spins. Uncle Sam joked, "It's 4 wheel drive!" And Tete said this is the exact truck that they need. She'll put the truck on the shelf of the office, praying that they'll be provided with a real one soon. Who would've thought? It was quite a sight seeing all these things sprawled out. Truly heart-warming & totally worth the extra weight in my suitcases.

Right now, I'm writing from under my mosquito net. I've got four walls and a ceiling, with the occasional gap between the wood boards. Fresh air. :) I'm in the middle of God's creation, serenaded by a lovely chorus of ANIMALS. Animals everywhere. I turned on my computer, so I'm taking this time to Moleskine my day as the computer powers up. It's almost too beautiful for writing. I feel like I'm just supposed to lay here and enjoy. But I've gotta find some easy worship songs to teach the kids for tomorrow, so I'm reliant on technology, unfortunately.

It's pure joy here. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Grace in Style said...

Yup Matthew 5:5 =)

<3 Praying for you