Friday, June 19, 2009

The Great Tragedy of Life

"The great tragedy of life is not that things are broken, but that things are not put back together."**

I found a little notecard today with this quote on it. I remember coming across the quote a few years ago. Brokenness is good stuff. (Thanks, AACF, for the realization.)

Right now, I'm looking forward to Thailand. I'm most looking forward to having some semblance of home. And by home, I mean a place to stay for more than 2 weeks. Oh, life. You just roll with the punches & make your best attempt at giving all you've got.

Tonight, Joanna helped me put up an Uppercase Living expression on my wall. I have this glass table with red chairs (I'll post a picture soon...when I figure out how) and have a few decorative pieces. The UL expression says, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Big theme of this past year. I'd love to get a piece of modern art to put on my wall as well, simulating a coffee shop feel. I dream about having friends over, sitting at that table (which is within 10 feet of bookshelves--books, yes!), drinking coffee, and just musing. Some of my favorite moments were created at Fido, Starbucks, Caribou...so why not home?

The next time I'm here in Jersey will be the evening of the VBS Closing Ceremony and two evenings before my Thai excursion begins. I guess that's also the day I start taking malaria pills (Oh, I'll need to tell you great news about that)...and pack up a storm!

In some short hours, we're headed to Cleveland for the weekend. Gotta get packing. :)

**This quote also reminds me of Jon & Kate Gosselin. I'm so out of sorts with this family's situation and don't wish to discuss them right now. But I do very much wish (& pray) that they'll put things back together.

No comments: