Saturday, July 11, 2009

SUNNY DAY

“Sunny days, keeping the clouds away. I think we’re coming to a clearing & a brighter day…”

They have the weirdest creatures here. Plants too. While pulling weeds, I found one that closes its leaves when exposed. You just watch the bluish-purplish-greenish leaves slowly fold in. Wow. I saw a big bug that looks like a turtle. Gross. A lizard in my room. Yikes. A flurry creature scurry out of my room. AHHH! But the coolest is when you unexpectedly see a beautiful flower in the middle of nowhere. Or in the middle of some thorny weeds. That’s always a pleasant surprise.

I’m getting better about bugs. I’ve become pretty good at flicking them off of me, but I always use hand sanitizer after I touch one. And I’m starting to feel bad about the spider that’s squished underneath a lamp in Joanna’s room at our IL house. I probably shouldn’t have left it there. But I feel like the more I acclimate to the buggy environment, the more nasty bugs I see. It’s God’s way of only throwing at me what I can handle. But no more, okay? Please?

I just finished rolling a ball of thread. And I helped one girl do her weaving. It is SO neat how they make their crafts. All they need is wood, thread, and dye. And they whip up something beautiful. But rolling the ball, man! I can’t tell you how many times I dropped it. It was a pretty purple, which at least made it pleasant to look at. I am very proud of myself. Very productive afternoon, haha.

And it’s sunny. The first completely sunny day. Makes me very very happy.

3 comments:

Grace in Style said...

GROSS! You left a bug under my lamp?! haha good thing I'm not living in that room anymore. Dad can clean it up later =)

<3

Grace in Style said...

Ok there is currently a spider (the kind we had in the IL house) on the ceiling right above me...I am silently freaking out and praying that it will move away and not land on me...ahhh

Handsome Pearson said...

Way to reference an awesome song.