Thursday, July 23, 2009

ENTERTAINING ANGELS

I sometimes feel like I was put on this earth for entertainment purposes. Twenty three years ago, I think God realized that the angels needed someone to cheer them up after a tough, stressful day.

So He made me.

Whenever angels complain after being sent to the ER or accident sites, God says, "Don't worry. You can visit Jessica afterwards." Looking back on my life, it's a story of embarrassing events/ridiculousness.

You know how I let the twins watch TV after doing their homework? (This is when we stayed at the Nang Fah house in Chiang Mai.) Well, they both chose to watch a movie (they usually watch music videos). And this movie was in English (they don't understand English!!). And this movie was called "ANTS". And I had to watch it with them.

And you know my ant history. I could hear angels laughing as I spotted each new ant army and tried so ungracefully to exterminate them.

I think this whole entertaining angels thing has carried over to entertaining children. Up til now, I've been pretty good about handling bugs. But I cracked. It took longer than I thought it would, though.

After the kids finished dinner, I spotted a dog in the area (they're not allowed in this room). So I stomped and scared it out the door. As I close the door, I see this huge fuzzy THING on the door frame. I don't even know how to explain it. It's huge. And fuzzy. So I scream and run. One by one, the girls who are cleaning up taking a daring step to get a better look...and they scream too. Thankfully. Finally one brave boy puts it on a stick but proceeds to chase me around with it. It was one of the most frightening times in my life. But the kids just sat there staring at me, watching this suspenseful drama unfold. They loved it so much. I didn't think it was that amusing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha i think it's pretty amusing =D